Wednesday 8 February 2012

The Edible Discworld and Cutler

SPOILER ALERT!
Last Sunday one of the great BBC cult dramas came back to our screens: Being Human. 

I've been a fan of the show (in relative terms- I never saw series 2) so I was excited to an extent of pooping a small pony. The reason I have been such an avid BH follower (in relative terms) can be summed up in one word: George. George was always just the best character I've ever had the pleasure of viewing. His ears, his outlook on life, his sense of humour- everything about him is just brilliant. 

So then they just had kill him off, didn't they? I mean, of course I understand Russell Tovey's desire to move on- but it didn't stop me from crying pitifully into a pillow. I know, I'm a bit of a moron. 

However, all is not lost! For the BBC have given me a new brilliant character! Cutler- as played by Andrew Gower (an actor who I think is quite brilliant). And there is a science behind liking him as a character, you see, I figured that liking the nice people is rather futile when all they do is die on you- and in the words of Blackadder, "Bad guys have all the fun." Just look out how wonderfully twisted he is! >

So, in short, I am very muchly looking forward to seeing Cutler on telly again. 

In other news for my birthday a good friend of mine crafted me the Discworld out of gingerbread, chocolate and marzipan. And yes, it is as awesome as it sounds. I'll be getting some photos up of that fairly soon I hope. 

I've also got my National Youth Theatre audition on Tuesday which I am stinking nervous about, so wish me luck. 

Sorry this entry hasn't been very interesting. Note to self: don't just talk about your own life. 

5 comments:

  1. I didn't realise it was THIS TUESDAY!!!! Good luck!!!!!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be nervous, you'll be brilliant!!! :D And your play is so very lovely! ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) And it is lovely in a shouty sweary racist way XD

      Delete
    2. This is the new one, not the one about heroin XD

      Delete