Tuesday 14 February 2012

Shouting at 'almost' Ed Sheeran and Cancer

Since we last conversed I have been rather busy.

Today I had my audition for National Youth Theatre. I have been exceptionally nervous about it and am quite glad that it's all over. I got to mess around and be silly and it was very good fun. I also got to push onto he hands of some red-haired guy who looked rather a lot like Ed Sheeran whilst yelling my lungs out about hamsters.

So yeah, good day.

One thing I wanted to talk about involving my audition was the trip there. On the way into the tunnel there's this big billboard. It reads as follows:

'SPITTING BLOOD WHEN BRUSHING YOUR TEETH? IT COULD BE GUM DISEASE!' 


Well, yeah, it could be gum disease... But it's probably just the fact that you're brushing your teeth to hard, isn't it? I mean, the kind of person who thinks they have gum disease because a billboard told them so, is probably the kind of person who brushes their teeth into oblivion to 'get rid of all the hideous and evil germs.'

Nowadays everything will give you some kind of terminal disease, just ask the Daily Mail! Here is a genuine list of things that the Daily Mail says give you cancer:
Age
Being Black
Being a Man
Being a Woman
Crayons
Hugging
The Internet
Sun Cream
Water

I'm almost expecting to see a billboard that says:

'DID YOU JUST BREATHE? IT'S FATAL.' 


In other news, as promised, here are some wonderful photographs of the edible Discworld that my friend made me for my birthday! Thank you so much!


7 comments:

  1. I'm glad everything went well at the audition! Was almost-Ed nice? I was at the dentist today and there was a very similar poster... they're EVERYWHERE!! It's an invasion! Almost like the Triffids! This is a lot of exclamation marks!
    Apart from that, I've just finished An Abundance of Katherines by John Green - very good XD
    And it's rather surreal seeing pictures of something I made on the interweb...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost Ed was nice XD I keep on having weird flash backs of him just staring me dead in the eyes with a really straight face because that's what he was doing the whole time I was shouting at him, and it was quite scary XD
      I haven't read that one yet! I'm reading The Fault In our Stars- it's really really fantastic!

      Delete
    2. I thought about getting that one but decided against it as it was more expensive (by quite a lot), but it did look good and I'll probably get it out from the library some time.
      I'm glad Almost-Ed was nice but the flashbacks do, I must say, sound slightly worrying... but I'm sure you're fine. It was probably just too much water, hugging, internet-using, crayon-using, and suncream-using. Ok, I lied. Britain is lovely but does not demand suncream in February XD
      I have been binging on Terry Pratchett and have finally read Going Postal! It is brilliant and I love Stanley. Especially during the fire XD

      Delete
    3. And I think I just breathed as well! HELP! *cough cough*

      GOING POSTAL IS BRILLIANT! AND STANLEY IS BRILLIANT! Have you seen the TV version? We have it on DVD- it is, in word... brilliant.

      Delete
  2. That's a lot of brilliant-ness! And am I reading this incorrectly or did you post your reply at 1:43 am - AM!!! - yesterday??
    I think the breathing may be contagious *coughs, grabs throat and collapses on floor*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WE WON!!!!!!! WE@RE GOING TO LONDON!!!! WE EVEN BEAT CALDAY!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Me? Awake at 1.43? No way XD It's a glitch XD
      And very very very well done! LONDON! That's very exciting!

      Delete